EAST Time Allocation Committee
A common observing time allocation process for European solar telescopes and instruments in solar physics was established by EAST. The EAST Time Allocation Committee (EAST TAC) allocates the observing time of (a) the SOLARNET ACCESS program, and (b) the International Time Program (ITP) of the International Scientific Committee (see CCI and Agreements).
- The EAST TAC will allocate all ACCESS time of SOLARNET, which for 2019-2022 includes the four largest European telescopes VTT, SST, THEMIS, GREGOR with all their instrumentation. Successful proposal will be granted travel support for 1 or 2 observers to carry out in situ observations in these telescopes located in the Canary Island Observatories OT and ORM.
- The EAST TAC will allocate the time of the International Time Program of the International Scientific Committee (CCI). This includes the following telescopes on the Canary Islands: DOT, THEMIS, GREGOR, and VTT.
- The EAST TAC members represent the national panels of the solar telescopes, instruments, and the CCI. Two independent external referees evaluate and rank the incoming proposals.
- Call for proposals 2020
Eligibility of user groups for SOLARNET ACCESS time
User group means a team of one or more researchers given access to the infrastructure. Each user group is led by a user group leader. To be eligible to benefit from access to the infrastructures of SOLARNET, a user group must satisfy the following conditions:
- Both the user group leader and the majority of the users must come from EU Member States or from Associated States.
- Both the user group leader and the majority of the users must come from a country other than the country where the legal entity operating the infrastructure is established.
- In no case shall a user be eligible for travel and subsistence support to access his/her own facility through this programme.
SOLARNET is a four year project (2019-2022) funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme under Grant Agreement No. 824135.